A lot of students want to go abroad, but what makes these Universities special, here is how we can help in student fee financing on your journey to becoming the best.
Every year more than a quarter of a million Indian kids go abroad to study in private universities. Some of the students go on scholarships and others make use of school fee financing to finish their under-graduate and Master’s programs.
All top Universities mentioned in this article have an average fee of $30000 plus. In some cases, the fees go way over $50000 for a Master’s program because of the quality of the education. For your undergraduate programs the fees can be steep, it is between $100k to $200k for a four-year program.
Therefore, your dreams require education loans and financing your dreams is where Creditap has you covered.
If you are a student who has scored well and has dreams to make it big then login to the Creditap app for details. If you are a parent reading this then help your children get to the best University and do call us.
Most of you must know that the most travelled destination for international study is the USA followed by the UK, Australia and Canada.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) says that the COVID-19 pandemic hurt international student enrolment in 2021.
The total number of SEVIS records for active F-1 and M-1 students was 1,236,748 in the calendar year 2021, a decrease of 1.2 per cent from the calendar year 2020.
SEVIS stands for Students and Exchange Visitor Information System. F-1 and M-1 are the two non-immigrant student visas. J-1 is also a non-immigrant student visa but is given to scholar’s exchange programmers.
China continues to top the list of countries sending 348,992 students to the US. India follows China with 232,851 students sent to the USA.
The eligibility criteria for top Universities in the USA would be to aim for the 75th percentile, with a 1580 SAT score or a high GRE or GMAT score. Universities also require you to be proficient in English & TOEFL becomes important.
The Open Doors report adds, as in previous years, most international students (54%) pursued a major in a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field (engineering, math and computer science, physical and life sciences, health professions, or agriculture).
Engineering continued to be the most popular major, with one in five (21%) international students pursuing it. Intensive English Programs (IEP) were most adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic as many were canceled or postponed.
This contributed to the wider decrease (of 64%) in non-degree programs—primarily IEPs and J1 exchange programs, many of which were canceled in the 2020/21 academic year.
Let’s start with the USA region and its prowess in education.
Here are the top Universities in the USA where research is an integral part of their vision:
- Harvard University: founded in 1636 this is one of the oldest Universities in the USA. Its endowment is valued at more than $50 billion. Michelle Obama, Barack Obama, Natalie Portman (actress) is some of the notable alumni from Harvard.
- Stanford University: founded in 1885, Stanford paved the way for entrepreneurs to become mainstream in the west coast which eventually laid the foundation for a global phenomenon called the Silicon Valley startup culture. Notable alumni include Philip Knight (founder of Nike) and Peter Thiel (serial entrepreneur).
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: founded in 1861, this university has brought in the best of science and technology for the world. Notable alumni would be Joseph Stiglitz and Raghuram Rajan.
- University of California Berkeley: founded in 1868 it is known for its emphasis on mathematics and space research programs. Its students are known to build big businesses. Notable alumni are many Nobel Prize winners like Thomas Schelling (economics) and Robert Laughlin (physics)
- University of California Los Angeles: founded in 1882 this university is best known for its emphasis on art and science. Notable alumni are Travis Kalanick (Uber) and John Williams (composer)
While these Universities are known for their overall ranking in all subjects.
Here are the top Universities for medical students in the USA.
- Harvard University
- New York University
- Columbia University
- John Hopkins University
- University of California – San Francisco
Top MBA colleges:
- University of Chicago (Booth)
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
- Northwestern University (Kellogg)
- Harvard University
- MIT (Sloan)
Top history/arts/public policy colleges
- UC- Berkeley
- Princeton University
- University of Michigan – Ann Harbor
- Yale University
- John Hopkins University
Now moving on from the USA to the United Kingdom
Last year a total of 90669 Indian students went to the UK according to the UK Home Office. Most popular courses being business administration, medicine, sports science, design studies, computer science and law.
The criteria to study in Oxford and Cambridge requires Grade A or AAA at their A Levels or equivalent.
Students also have to write their IELTS exams.
Here are the top colleges in the UK:
- University of Oxford: almost a thousand years old, this University is known for its art, history, science and business. This University is notable for its authors, researchers and scientists.
- University of Cambridge: this university is 800-years old and is known for its authors, researchers and scientists.
- University College London: founded in 1820, this University is known for its emphasis on medicine and history
- Imperial College London: founded in 1907 the college is known for its Nobel laureates.
- King’s College of London: founded in 1836, another college that places emphasis on science and art, and is known for its several Nobel Laureates.
Now from the UK let’s down under.
Australia too has some fine colleges
Around 97000 students visited Australia last year. The courses that remained favourites in Australia were agri-sciences, actuarial sciences, architecture, biomedical engineering, earth sciences and computer science.
For diploma level courses a student requires to have scored 60 percent marks in their 12 standard or grade. For a degree, a student must have scored at least 65 percent marks in 12th standard and is similar for a postgraduate student.
Students need to even write their IELTS exams.
Here is the list of top 5 Universities down under:
- Australia National University
- University of Sydney
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales
- University of Queensland
The above-mentioned Universities are known for their engineering, arts and sciences research.
Let’s head back to North America
Canada is another place where several students believe they can find the subject of their dreams. In 2021 more than 100,000 Indian students went to Canada to pursue their education. Their favorite subjects were Computer Science, Business Administration, Medicine, Engineering, Media and Agri Sciences
The criteria for Canada would be to carry high GMAT, GRE scores along with English Language proficiency exams.
Here are the top Universities that they have to get to in Canada:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Alberta
That ends our quick guide to your favorite University. Now what’s stopping you from financing your student fee loan. Login to Creditap for more details.